[TR] TR4A-Scuttle Lid

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Wed Sep 15 06:03:50 MDT 2010

In a message dated 9/14/2010 11:21:52 PM Central Daylight Time,
guy at genfiniti.com writes:
> What's the secret to getting the scuttle lid to lay flat over the seal?
> It appears as if the seal is too thick.

Phone book.

Seriously, I have the same problem on my TR3 and if I open the hood with
the vent "closed" I scrape paint. Removing the seal will fix it. Maybe a
couple months with a weight (phone book) forcing the down will make the seal
adopt a new profile. I have not yet decided to deal with it.

Dave