[TR] Quick TR3 Brake Line Question

Frank Fisher yellowtr3 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 14 14:21:59 MDT 2010

same deal with autozone
frank

________________________________
From:
Randall <tr3driver at ca.rr.com>
To: Wayne Brazinski <wayne at brazinski.com>;
triumphs at autox.team.net
Sent: Tue, September 14, 2010 1:07:46 PM
Subject: Re:
[TR] Quick TR3 Brake Line Question

> So I guess my real question is - is
there a piping kit or toolset that
> would
> allow me to make brake pipe sets
with the different ends on?

I don't even know of a "piping set" that would
accomplish what you are
doing, even if you used British MCs.

However, it is
relatively easy to "roll your own" brake plumbing, especially
with the Cunifer
(copper alloy) lines.  You'll need a supply of line, of
course, some suitable
nuts, and a brake line flaring tool.  One source of
line & nuts is:
http://store.fedhillusa.com/14tubingandnuts.aspx
and I see they offer a rental
tool as well.

You might also check with your FLAPS.  I know Kragen Auto Parts
used to
offer a brake flaring tool for loan, but I don't know if O'Reilly has
the
same policy or not.  At Kragen, you would basically pay full price for a
used tool, but then you could bring it back for a full refund, making it
free
to use.

-- Randall

Triumphs at autox.team.net