[TR] Quick TR3 Brake Line Question

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Sep 14 14:07:46 MDT 2010

> So I guess my real question is - is there a piping kit or toolset that
> would
> allow me to make brake pipe sets with the different ends on?

I don't even know of a "piping set" that would accomplish what you are
doing, even if you used British MCs.

However, it is relatively easy to "roll your own" brake plumbing, especially
with the Cunifer (copper alloy) lines.  You'll need a supply of line, of
course, some suitable nuts, and a brake line flaring tool.  One source of
line & nuts is:
http://store.fedhillusa.com/14tubingandnuts.aspx
and I see they offer a rental tool as well.

You might also check with your FLAPS.  I know Kragen Auto Parts used to
offer a brake flaring tool for loan, but I don't know if O'Reilly has the
same policy or not.  At Kragen, you would basically pay full price for a
used tool, but then you could bring it back for a full refund, making it
free to use.

-- Randall