[TR] At Retreat - Favorite Cars

William Brewer wsb1960tr3a at att.net
Tue Sep 14 08:59:22 MDT 2010

     My church had a men's retreat to Ojai, CA last weekend. We had a lot of new guys and during intros (to get guys talking) they asked each guy to state his favorite car that he's owned. We had 40 guys and out of the 40 we had four guys say their LBC's were there favorites. We had a TR2, a TR3 (mine), a TR4 and a MGA. All guys praised the same qualities of the cars - sporty driving, simple mechanicals, etc..  Glad to see the LBC's were represented.
     Interestingly enough, lots of the guys struggling financially raising families said their favorite cars (which most still were driving) were Japanese cars that they bought used and hadn't need repairs. Some shallow guys tried to impress others with tales of muscle cars as their favorites. A few oldies liked their '51 Mercury's and post war cars from a more halcyon time of young marriages and new prosperity.
     I saw a blue TR6 driving into Ojai and a baby blue TR3A on the 126 highway driving towards Ventura. Were they anyone from the list?

     Bill in Tehachapi