[TR] [6pack] ATF Fluid..... non Triumph

Bob Danielson 75tr6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Mon Sep 13 16:21:36 MDT 2010

Very interesting..........Time to learn something new about ATF.  I just
went and checked, again, and the color is a brownish/translucent color which
I was automatically assuming was black seeing as it wasn't red.

The AT dipstick is also marked "ATF-MV" and according to Mazda, their ATF-MV
is the equivalent to Mecron V. And the dipstick opening is so small that you
couldn't add fluid from there.

A little Googling turns up all sorts of confusion in the Mazda Forums about
ATF fluid and compatibility with Mecron V   i.e. be careful what you mix
with it as you mismatching ATF fluids can damage the tranny. Reminds me of
brake fluid confusion on the Mail Lists.

And......... Mazda does not specify any ATF service interval.

None the less, I'll give the service manager a call tomorrow.

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection,
Toyota 5 speed & Nissan LSD