[TR] TR4 top front lip stiffener rods

J.C. Hassall jhassall at blacksburg.net
Sat Sep 11 08:52:27 MDT 2010

Folks, 15 years ago, when I started this rustoration, I bought a
pot-load of stuff from TRF, including a new vinyl top.  Last year, when
I installed the top, I noticed that the top lip didn't stay in the
windshield clip.  At speeds above 40MPH the top just peels back.  While
browsing the Moss catalog recently I noticed that they carry a set of 3
stiffener rods for the lip.  Trouble is, they want $50 for them!  'Scuse
me!?  So I called TRF; they said yes, that they sell the rods, yes they
are needed to retain it, no they didn't have them in stock.

Would someone pls send me the stiffener dimensions?  Hell's bells, for
$50 I can make them out of extruded gold.

tia

jim

--
Jim Hassall