[TR] TR3 dash recovering question

tfansher at comcast.net tfansher at comcast.net
Sat Sep 11 08:39:48 MDT 2010

I liked Terri's comment on going slowly. Also, I didn't realize that there are metal clips that are used to
attach the vinyl to the edges of the dash along the lower edge and glove box area. Trial fit the speedometer and Tach units, I think the vinyl in that area is cut flush with the holes (not wrapped around and through the hole). I have crinkle powder coat on the instrument cluster, which is more resistant to scratching than crinkle paint available from Moss and probably others. I used 3M glue from Lowe's and applied to both surfaces and let it get really tacky. I applied to just the flat surfaces initally - then as Terri said do the curved portions later - patiently doing small areas at a time. Call the Roadster Factory if you need the clips. I couldn't find them in the catalogs either at TRF or Moss but I think they have them. Hope this helps.
Tom