[TR] TR4 Fuel Line fittings at Fuel Pump

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Sep 9 08:54:58 MDT 2010

> Aren't these flare fittings?  Or compression fittings?

They are "reverse" compression fittings, used only for automotive fuel lines
AFAIK.  To make matters worse, the originals used compression sleeves that
were a different shape than those available today.

Here's Scott Suhring's way to deal with that problem:
http://tinyurl.com/2cwfqe9

PS, one of my TRs came to me with a NPT fitting forced into the pump.  The
threads don't match, of course, but the DPO managed to get the tapered
fitting threads to seal inside the straight pump threads.  I don't know how.

Randall