[TR] pulley failure update

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Wed Sep 8 18:23:40 MDT 2010

Well I decided to install the spare lower pulley tonight and I almost guessed
the time correctly. I thought it would take 3 hours, ended up taking up 2.5.

Refilled with new antifreeze and ran the engine until it reached normal temp
and then let it run on high idle for about 5 minutes to make sure everything
was ok. SFSG.

After taking the broken pulley apart I noticed the crack was about 1.5 inches
longer than the 2" piece that was thrown out.

When I get a few spare minutes, I will take a photo and post it on the forum.

I plan to keep this part as a reminder!

When I was assembling the spare pulley on the shaft, I noticed that one of the
bolts was stripped. Must of happened at the factory as I never did take this
apart. Maybe the stripped bolt led to the fracture because it was not as tight
as the rest? We will most likely never know.

If this happens again, I will switch to the 1/2 inch system. Now can that be
done with the stock generator and water pump? If so where do I source the
parts?

Thanks for all your help.

Bob