[TR] cam bearing set screws

Todd W. Richmond twr at skybeam.com
Wed Sep 8 13:24:08 MDT 2010

Hi All,

I have a question about the cam bearing and inserting the set screws.
I had a machine shop insert the cam bearings for me, and I believe
they did the job correctly as far as lining up the holes (mostly).

The problem is that for all 3 bearings the cam bearing slightly
covers the set screw holes such that I have a crescent moon shaped
blockage.  So what do I do now?  I am afraid that if I insert the
set screws that I will mar the bearings.  I thought about drilling
out the blockage, but even though it's minor, I'm worried that they
might travel a bit later and end up blocking one of the other holes.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Todd Richmond
Fort Collins, Colorado