[TR] Fw: TR3 Heater coil

Carl TR cfmtr3a at verizon.net
Mon Oct 25 11:02:10 MDT 2010

I won some gift certificates for powder coating at the All British Show here
in Safety Harbor this past weekend.

I decided to take my heater unit (dismantled) to be done.
Bottom cover/doors in wrinkle finish everything else except the silverish
piece in semi-gloss black.

The question is whether the coil itself should be powder coated or remain
'au natural'?  He can do the top and bottom plate and mask off the coil
(inside & out).  However, the guy at the shop said there shouldn't be any
problem  with PC'g it and it would in fact increase the 'insulation' factor.
I couldn't decide if that is good or bad.

Advice?

Thanks
Carl