[TR] VTR

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Sat Oct 23 18:38:31 MDT 2010

Well, I'm back.  Almost drove it straight through but we stopped about an
hour and a half from home.  That was after about 14 - 15 hours behind the
wheel.  I guess I'm getting old.

I had a great time in spite of the fact that I didn't bring a Triumph..
Great setting, great to get together with all the buds, the beer swap has
evolved into one of the more popular events (Congratulations to Tom Fansher
winning the popular volt on Homebrew).

It was great to meet some new faces from the list and great to see old,
familiar faces once more.

But the highlight of the event was the opportunity to drive Marty Sukey's
Spitfire in the autocross.  I don't care that I was just his tire warmer.  I
don't care that I was just cannon fodder for the other great drivers (Marty
included) to aim for.  It was worth it just to drive his car around the
course.

Another big thanks to Glenn Menucci for letting me drive his 320 HP Porsche
928 once during the fun runs.

Kudos to the organizers.  Kudos to Jack and Caroline McGahey, Ronny Babbit
and all the ocal folks from the Carolinas, Florida and Georgia for hosting a
well run event.  Thanks also to the VTR usuals.  Blake, Darrell and Bev,
and all the national folks who help make thiese things possible.

Dave