[TR] Silicon Brake fluid

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 09:09:13 MDT 2010

On 10/21/10, Jim Vassiliadis <diggle at clear.net.nz> wrote:
> Apparently small amounts of the dot 4 will not upset the dot 5 fluid. What
> is the best way to remove the dot 4 without taking the pipes off and blowing
> air through them?

I can only offer my personal experience on the TR4 and then the TR3A.
In both cases I merely introduced DOT5 into the nearly empty
reservoirs and bled with the usual sequence and method until the
purple DOT5 was coming through.

All this was 10 years ago and have had no problems associated with that change.

BTW -- the best price I have found for DOT5 is Amazon (with free
shipping if you can add something to get the order over $25):

http://www.amazon.com/North-American-NA40-Silicone-Brake/dp/B001BB1GCI/ref=sr_1_8?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1287673547&sr=1-8

Geo