[TR] Silicon Brake fluid

Jim Vassiliadis diggle at clear.net.nz
Thu Oct 21 02:34:25 MDT 2010

I intend on changing to silicon brake fluid (dot 5) and red the Buckeye tech
report on compatibility with the glycol (dot 4) based ones.
Apparently small amounts of the dot 4 will not upset the dot 5 fluid. What
is the best way to remove the dot 4 without taking the pipes off and blowing
air through them?
Also how do I bench test my Lockheed brake servo which my friend overhauled
prior to installing it on my TR?
The reason for pretesting is that I was told that even if the bore was honed
it could still have micro pitting which might cause the servo to leak fluid
back into the master cylinder.

Jim and the black 62 TR4.