[TR] Dan Masters Wiring Harness

Bob Danielson 75tr6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Wed Oct 20 14:36:40 MDT 2010

Guy,

Because of its length this may not show up on the Mail List........

I've got one of the first TR6 harnesses that Dan offered 6 years ago and
I've documented the whole installation on my site
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/Wire_Harness_1.htm including what tools I
recommend buying. The one tool I didn't get and wish I had are the bullet
pliers that snaps bullets into connectors. There's a lot of bullets in
awkward places and this tool would have made things a lot easier.

Make sure you download the AAW wire schematic for the stock TR6 harness to
use as a comparison to the new wire harness schematic. I was always going
between the two diagrams. The schematic is free and can be downloaded here
http://www.advanceautowire.com/tr2506.pdf

In 6 years, the only time I've blown a fuse is when I didn't disconnect the
battery before doing any work up under the dash. I can run the heater fan,
lights, radiator fan and radio and the voltmeter hardly moves at all.

You may hear some bad stuff about orders not getting fulfilled a few years
ago, but that all happened when Dan's son Mike had the business. Mike
suddenly died a couple of years ago and Steve Carrington took over the
business, fulfilled all the back orders and has the business back on solid
ground.

Pros:
- Exceptional quality
- designed by Dan Masters and no one knows more about LBC electronics then
Dan
- enough wire and instructions for every conceivable option you could ever
install
- up-rated wire for every wire run
- enough lengths of wire to let you decide how you want to run the wire
- power block has plenty of fuses and relays
- excellent instructions
- excellent support

Cons:
- It's not a difficult job but it's a BIG job as just about every piece of
wire in the car gets replaced so you have to go about it in an organized
way.
- the power block is "big" and requires sufficient space for mounting. I
mounted it in the engine compartment where access is easy. Other have tucked
them upside down in the passenger foot well which makes it much harder to
work on.
- the assumption is that you will be installing an upgraded Delco alternator
and only connections and instructions are provided for that.
- Because all the wires are up-rated (i.e. thicker) from stock, they take up
more room in the car and take up more room so planning wire runs is
important.
- It's a lot of wire to wrap with harness tape ;-)
- The only things I ran out of was black ground wire (because of the way I
choose to group grounds for easier trouble shooting) and some connectors
(easily available from British Wiring). Again, this was because of the way I
choose to run and group wires.

Bob

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U