[TR] TR3 carb rebuild H6

Frank Fisher yellowtr3 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 16 13:31:30 MDT 2010

when i rebuilt my carbs over a year ago, i could never get the jets to return
their correct position when the choke was released. they always stick
open.
living in southern California i have found i don't need a choke and i
have just
left them alone.
carbs work fine. the piston drops like its
supposed to.

so i just was helping a friend rebuild his carbs.
all new parts.
using the moss rubber gland washers. (my rebuild used the cork
gland seals)
align the jet with the moss alignment tool.
new jet lever return springs.
lots
of wear in the choke linkage, so there is no binding.

when i put the jet
assembly back into the carb body and tighten the big sealing
ring by hand.
every thing operates good. pull the choke lever, jet comes down.
let go the
choke lever jets are pulled back to where they started and should be.
the
moment i put a wrench on it and give it the last little bit of turn. the
jets
stick open when you activate the choke and you can feel an increased
friction. even with the needle and pots off.

lots of assembly oil, 30
weight.
i can push them back up by hand quite easily.
when i put the needle,
pistons and pots on every thing moves like its supposed
to (except the
choke). pistons drop all the way with a click etc, so i know the
jet is
aligned properly.

so what am i doing wrong with the jet assembly that is
making the choke so full
of friction?

4 bad Assembly's in a row, don't make
me feel so good!
there is a little grove cut in the upper jet bearing. is
there a special way it
should be rotated?

Frank