[TR] Floppy sun visor

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Fri Oct 15 13:03:30 MDT 2010

In a message dated 10/15/2010 1:18:20 PM Central Daylight Time,
Cairnsbk at sbcglobal.net writes:
> Whilst motoring about with the top down, the passenger-side sun visor on
> my
> '74 TR6 steadfastly refuses to remain in the flipped-up orientation.  I
> have
> replaced the visor and rubber retaining chock, wrapped the end of the
> visor
> rod with gaffer's tape, attached velcro to the visor and the corresponding
> surface of the windscreen frame - all to no avail.  I start out my drive
> with
> both visors up and after about 30 seconds, the right side visor is
> flopping
> down.

I have the same problem with both visors.  A little bit annoying especially
on the driver's side.  I haven't tried anything yet but ideas range from
putting a kink in the rod to flattening out the rod a bit (making the
thickness in the other dimension greater).

Other ideas appreciated.

Dave