[TR] TR6 Still has an Issue

TR250Driver at aol.com TR250Driver at aol.com
Wed Oct 13 17:15:31 MDT 2010

Hey Guys,
I spent some shop time on the Six.  The mystery miss is gone once I
changed the plugs to Champions, reset the point gap and advanced the timing  a
bit.  The miss may come back once the new plugs are burnt in, I  don't know.
The woodpecker metal like tapping came out of the right rear  suspension once
I greased the urethane trailing arm bushings, renewed the spring  rubber
packings and replaced the shock links.

Now I have the last issue to deal with.  Every now and then the right  rear
will make a very bad noise when taking up the drive in reverse or around
corners.  This is more than a clunk.  It is like a gear slipping with  the
resulting lurch. I suspect a bad bearing but who's to know?  Any  comments?

Decision time is now.  The Featured Marque Six to Jekyll Island  or the
GT6.  The GT6 has no issues as of now.  I am  trailering so not to worry but
the GT6 was the only Triumph to leave me on  the side of the road lately when
it snapped a u-joint in half.  I don't  like to work on cars at a National
Convention. Although it is a great  time to do that since all the experts are
there and anyone with a bonnet up and  tools out draws a big crowd.

The Six is a pig at autocross with the redlines the GT6 may have potential.
 Whatever, I would like to resolve this crunching noise in the TR6 rear.
Any thoughts on that would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Darrell