[TR] Balance Weights, Fan & Hub -- TR4

wbeech at flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Wed Oct 13 11:34:51 MDT 2010

Geo,
If the weights are on there from the factory and the fan itself is
well-balanced, I would put them back on.  However, if I was already that far
into the car I would probably pull the hub and check it out.

It does seem odd that a hub would be very far out of balance and even if it
were that taking a little meat off the heavy side might be the better way to
bring it back to true.

BTW, I have the Triumph 6-blade tropical fan on my TR3 and it really put out
the breeze as compare to the stock 4-blade unit, you will like it.

Bill

Bill Beecher
'58 TR-3A TS30766L  "Tarbaby"
www.triumphowners.com/1566