[TR] Installing '59 TR3A Rear interior Pannels

tfansher at comcast.net tfansher at comcast.net
Tue Oct 12 07:13:24 MDT 2010

Just go slowly and don't take it for granted that they are the perfect size. We had to loosen the vinyl at the recesses for the gas tank front mounts for the back panel to remove some of the padding. Also, one of the "wings" didn't quite fit on the outside of the panel, so that had to be trimmed down a little, too. One of my carpet sets had a fininshed edge along the back edge of the rear "seat bottom" and one set (TRF) the back edge wasn't finished so it had to slide under the back panel which required some fitting and trimming of the back panel so that the carpet would slide under the panel AFTER the panel has been screwed down to the rear seat. Does that make sense? So check the carpet set to see which one you have. If you have the finished edge carpet, prefit it also so that you'll know exactly where the seat back should be to make a nice edge where the carpet finishes.
Tom
Subject: Re: [TR] Installing '59 TR3A Rear interior Panels

I've installed two recently and had to lift back the vinyl and trim the gas
tank cover to make it fit well. I would install it last also.
Tom