[TR] GT6 Window problem

Alexander Delis ols at bcdef.net
Sat Oct 9 20:36:32 MDT 2010

Esteemed listers

The rear vent window on my GT6 has come loose.

The piano hinge that it swivels on in the front was attached with spot welds
to the B pillar that have come loose.

As I do not have a spot welder (and wonder if that is REALLY the best way to
attach this) I was thinking that drilling through the piano hinge into the B
pillar and using self-tapping screws would be a reasonable way of re-attaching
this.

Does anyone have any gotchas about doing this (or for that matter a better
idea)?

 Should I do anything else to prevent moisture from getting in there?

Any and all comments appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

1958 TR3 TS33884LO