[TR] Triumph shop repair blues

thenicholls at verizon.net thenicholls at verizon.net
Sat Oct 2 13:15:42 MDT 2010

Thanks Randall, I figured everyone was out today enjoying the fall weather.

I will let the shop handle it, it is their issue.  The problem for me is it is pain to get there and pickup.

Thanks again...........Craig

Oct 2, 2010 03:10:13 PM, TR3driver at ca.rr.com wrote:

> No dashpot oil under car, so my
> assumption is that the carb pot oil is draining back into the engine.

Yes, that is usually what happens. Should be no problem, fill it again,
drive to shop. That small amount of oil won't hurt the engine (tho it's
possible you might notice a little blue smoke).

Or replace that pesky O-ring yourself, it's not hard at all once you know
how. But you will probably need to reset the mixture again, afterwards.

Randall

Triumphs at autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation $11.47