[TR] Accurate Green Color Samples?

sportycars at britishcarweek.org sportycars at britishcarweek.org
Sun Nov 28 15:40:32 MST 2010

Hello listers,

I'm in the early stages of a 1964 Spitfire 4 restoration project, and doing some research of green colors. I'm interested in Conifer Green (25) that was used for that year, but there seems to be a wide variety of color variations (found on the Internet) under that name. I'm thinking I may need to stop by my local automotive paint shop and have them mix a small quantity to see what they come up with, and then decide whether I like it or not.

Do any of you who have already been down this road know of any accurate color samples available? Any paint suppliers that have a correct formula?

The Conifer color sample found at  http://www.triumphspitfire1500.co.uk/colours/  doesn't match others I have found elsewhere.

Thanks for your help,

Scott Helms