[TR] gearbox stuff

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Nov 24 17:13:40 MST 2010

> Could
> not find that tab for sale in the Moss site so will probably make up my
> own.

TRF has it listed, P/N 129938, $5.10

> I also noticed that I can turn the mainshaft when the gearbox is in
> reverse and
> neutral but not in any forward gear.  Is this normal?

Not normal, but I can't think what would cause it.  All of the forward gears
stay in mesh all the time, so about the only way it would turn freely in
reverse but not in any forward gear is if you are somehow getting it into
two gears at once.  Perhaps the top cover is messed up?  It has an interlock
that is supposed to prevent that.

-- Randall