[TR] gearbox stuff

Gary Nafziger nafzigerg at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 24 16:03:04 MST 2010

List,
I've removed the tailshaft from the gearbox  (tr-3) and noticed that the tab
that inserts into the slot holding the countershaft in place was cracked and
fell apart when I unscrewed it.  I had another gearbox which I took apart and
found that it also had a tab which was cracked/broken in the same place.  Could
not find that tab for sale in the Moss site so will probably make up my own.

I also noticed that I can turn the mainshaft when the gearbox is in reverse and
neutral but not in any forward gear.  Is this normal?  Or is something jammed?

Curious if anyone else has experienced these same issues.  Inexperienced
mechanic here......lol

gary n.