[TR] leaf springs-Polyethylene plastic-teriann wakeman

WCA09 at aol.com WCA09 at aol.com
Thu Nov 11 07:18:01 MST 2010

Just an FYI on the subject:

Eaton Spring carries a leaf spring liner product made of Delrin (Dupont
trade name for acetal homoplymer).. There is a never ending debate re: which
is  tougher and lower in friction, Delrin or UHMW.  I bought the Eaton
product  for my TR3A springs and will install the new packages this winter.  The
material is ~0.045 - 0.050" thick, and 2" wide with raised lips at the edges
to  keep the strips aligned with the spring leaves.  I believe the material
is  extruded.  Off roader's apparently are big fans of the stuff.

The material is pretty hefty so I was a little worried that the  installed
total thickness would not allow me to reclamp the spring package; it  was
tight but things did go together.  As I said above, no experience on  the road
yet.