[TR] TR3 Hard Top Questions

Dan Cronin adcronin at mi.rr.com
Wed Nov 10 15:10:16 MST 2010

Take a look on line at a product called "Lizard Skin".  This may be what you
are looking for......
Dan

On Nov 10, 2010, at 4:29 PM, Carl TR wrote:

> Trying to keep down the heat build up, huh?
>
> I didn't realize that it was wool - but did a 'check' and it is..  Anyway -
it the same thickness as a pair of wool slacks so probably not much
insulation.   I have not heard of any insulation material that would work
because of the contour of the inside of the top.  If you find something - post
it to the list as I am sure there are others as interested as I am.

> I was thinking about but not looked into using truck bed liner
(paint/spray).  the problem is that it may not be 'smooth' enough not to show
through the material.   Another option would be high-density foam 1/4-1/2"
thick.  That is where the inside contour may be problematic.

> That was as far as I got and that part of the project is some time off...
> Carl
>

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "William Brewer" <wsb1960tr3a at att.net>

that sufficient insulation or is there a better way to insulate underneath to
keep you a little warmer in the winter?

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/cfmtr3a@verizon.net
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/adcronin@mi.rr.com