[TR] TR3 Hard Top Questions

Carl TR cfmtr3a at verizon.net
Wed Nov 10 14:29:40 MST 2010

Trying to keep down the heat build up, huh?

I didn't realize that it was wool - but did a 'check' and it is..  Anyway -
it the same thickness as a pair of wool slacks so probably not much
insulation.   I have not heard of any insulation material that would work
because of the contour of the inside of the top.  If you find something -
post it to the list as I am sure there are others as interested as I am.

I was thinking about but not looked into using truck bed liner
(paint/spray).  the problem is that it may not be 'smooth' enough not to
show through the material.   Another option would be high-density foam
1/4-1/2" thick.  That is where the inside contour may be problematic.

That was as far as I got and that part of the project is some time off...
Carl