[TR] TR3 Carbs

Rick chandler.rick at comcast.net
Sun Nov 7 20:11:43 MST 2010

HS6 carbs have a shorter throat than the H6 carbs, and were intended to be
mounted on the TR4A intake manifold, which has a longer throat. While the
HS6s will mount on the TR3 manifolds, I believe that the mixing length is
wrong, and I would be surprised if that combination would be efficient. I
have HS6s on my TR3A, but I also have the TR4A manifolds mounted (both
exhaust and intake, as they are intertwined); this combination fits nicely
in the TR3 engine compartment. Jeff at Paltech can provide the linkage for
the HS6s, which require a center-pull arrangement. The HS6s are really easy
to tune and operate, but retrofitting them to a TR3 requires a bit more than
meets the eye, both in effort and in expense.

Rick in Seattle

1960 TR3A

1970 BSA 441 Victor Special

1975 Norton Commando 850 Mk3