[TR] Water Pump

Jerry Van Vlack jerryvv at roadrunner.com
Wed Nov 3 16:33:09 MST 2010

Joe, you don't mention if you were trying to solve an overheating problem by
installing the high volume pump. If you did not have an overheating problem
and you still don't my guess is that your system is in good shape and your
thermostat is working properly and keeping the operating temperature where
it should be running. Where you may see an improvement is in situations
where your temp might go up such as slow stop and go traffic and it's
holding steady instead. If on the other hand you were trying to solve a high
heat problem with the high volume pump and you still have the problem you
need to look elsewhere such as the radiator itself. Or a bad thermostat.

Were you trying to solve a problem or did the high volume pump just seem
like a good idea. Personally I do think it's a good idea if you need to
replace a pump, why not go for something with greater volume for those
really hot days when you are stuck in traffic.

JVV