[TR] water pump Tr3

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Nov 2 23:04:56 MST 2010

> > FWIW -- not all stock pumps are created equal.  I have seen
> (and used)
> > some where the vanes are much shallower than were on the original
> > pumps and the repros seemed likely to move less coolant.

Here are some shots of what I believe to be an original pump with the brass
4 blade impeller; an aftermarket "stock" pump with a cast iron 4 blade
impeller (which BTW worked fine for many years in my "now wrecked" TR3A);
and a "high performance" pump with a 6 blade impeller (bought from BFE many
years ago):

http://tinyurl.com/38hwfxq

Randall