[TR] How Many Sidescreen TR's Are Daily Drivers?

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Nov 1 14:05:39 MST 2010

> I can't even fathom using a side screen car anywhere north of  Atlanta!

It's been a lot of years ago, but I used to use a TR3A as my daily driver,
even in the winter, when I lived about 150 miles SW of you, Lou.

And yes, the heater was not particularly effective, even after I "hot
rodded" it by rewinding the motor.  I actually started a second round of
modifications, using a blower motor from a Dodge heater and some really
aggressive fan blades, but lost interest after I moved to CA.  I do still
occasionally drive in freezing weather, but not often enough to worry about.
And I deal with it the old fashioned way, with a leather coat & driving
gloves, plus a woolen lap robe if it's really cold.

Which reminds me, I need new gloves.  Anyone bought a pair of leather palm
driving gloves (preferably with Gore-Tex backs) recently that they liked?  I
got my last pair at a local motorcycle shop (had to cut the garish logo off
of them), but they don't stock that brand any more.

-- Randall