[TR] TR2/3 gas cap & filler assembly

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Mon Nov 1 04:54:05 MST 2010

On Sunday, October 31, 2010 09:58:32 pm Angelo Graham wrote:
> Hello List:
> Guess I wasn't paying close attention when removing the gas tank &
> filler combination and now trying to re-install. Can anyone review the
> order of the pieces? Does the hex nut/spigot combo go below the rear
> deck into the rubber sleeve and the cap screw on from above the deck?
> Forms a sort of a sandwich - the hex nut & spigot below the deck and the
> cap & small chrome washer above the deck? Do I have this right. A really
> tight fit. Any tips on making the re-install easier?
> Thanks for any help with this. Feel really dumb...
> Angelo Graham

Angelo,

The large hex nut does go below the deck and the cap + chrome ring go above.
As you might of guessed the cap is screwed into the hex nut.
It is a tight fit to get the hose on the tank and the hex nut at the same
time.

I believe the last time I did this the tank was not tightened down so I had
some wiggle room. I believe I attached the hose to the hex nut/spigot first
and then eased the hose over the take inlet.

Dont forget to install the clamps very loose before you put the hose on!

In order to orientate the gas cap correctly, make sure you screw the cap
tight, align, and then tighten the hose clamps.

Bob