[TR] New wheel cylinder leaking

chammock at iquest.net chammock at iquest.net
Mon May 31 21:05:28 MDT 2010

drat it all
TR3 is the car in questin
replaced both rear wheel cylinders

one leaks terribly around the brake line
obviously did not before the replacement

the fitting definitely bottoms out, but the line is not sealed
in fact, it leaks as much installed as teh line will drip on its own,
so there is not a bit of sealing.  I checked for swarf in the
cylilnder opening - hard to see, but cleaned it out.  checked to be
sure line was going in square - seemed to be.

I suppose it could be a mismanufactured cylinder - both seemed to be a
bit wanky - especially in the slots for the retaining clips - too
tight and slightly out of square.

but are parts ordered from one of the big 2.

Bummed me out -- Plan to oder new cylinder tomorrow.

Questions:
anyone else had this happen?
amy i missing something stupid here?
is there any source for better quality castings on wheel cylinders?

thanks for any ideas

Perry Hammock
tr3a