[TR] TR4 Speedo with OD

Tom Boggiano boggiano at charter.net
Sat May 29 08:26:12 MDT 2010

Hi All

I am finishing putting the interior back in after my prolonged engine
replacement.

One of the items that was not working previously was the speedo.

I can connect the speedo to cable and turn the cable at the transmission
side of the cable and get the speedo to move, when it is connected to the
gearbox it will not move. When I disconnect the cable from the speedo the
cable is not being turned by the gearbox.

Different cables and routing ( keeping it out if the normal path do not
change anything)

So I think it is in the OD gearbox  where it drives the cable.

How do I verify?

What would I need to do to fix?

Thanks

Tom