[TR] Speedo cable routing TR6 w/OD

Steve Smith dogzbody1 at yahoo.com
Sat May 29 08:07:39 MDT 2010

Hi all

No speedometer reading following replacement of mutiple parts, I may
have routed the speedo cable in such a way that it is binding (?).

I found an
overdrive gearbox for my TR6 and had it rebuilt by a reputable shop (Overdrive
Repair Services).  I coincidentally had my speedometer repaired by a reputable
shop (APT) as it had pretty severe needle bounce with the non-OD box.  I
secured an OD speedo cable and routed it from the angle drive, over the top of
the transmission, up through a grommet in a small brace under the brake
booster and then up and through the firewall.   Is this the correct routing?
What else could I have done wrong?

Thanks for any help that the list can
provide!
Steve