[TR] LEDs & Flasher

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue May 25 14:55:15 MDT 2010

> If the you switch to LED's the elves will get confused,
> panic and flash too fast.  They do the same thing when one of the turn
> signals burns out.

The LEDs draw much less current than even one incandescent bulb.  In my
limited tests, both the original flasher and the non-LED electronic types
(at least the Tridon EL13 I tested) will fail to flash at all, with only LED
bulbs.

The only flashers that will work in all cases are the ones that take a
separate ground wire (so they can get enough power to operate without having
to pull it through the LEDs).

-- Randall