[TR] [British-cars] Cleaning Plexiglas WindWings

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri May 14 12:56:46 MDT 2010

> I have a pair of Amco Plexiglas windwings on my TR3 that,
> other than them
> being a little foggy and some minor scratches, are in perfect
> condition.  My
> question is how can I get these back into a more presentable
> condition?

Any motorcycle shop, or LBC vendor, will have a set of chemicals for the
purpose.  Most popular seems to be the Novus 3-part system (which can also
be found at Home Depot & Wal-Mart), but there are lots of others available.

> I have thought of using a buffing wheel but am not sure what
> type of rouge
> or other delicate polishing process is recommended for these?

Takes a special wheel and a special rouge for plastic.  Both are available
from Caswell Plating, etc. but probably more expense and effort than it's
worth, for just two wind wings.
http://www.caswellplating.com/buffs/buffman.htm

Randall