[TR] Thrust washer & dog bolt (bottom end rattle) Follow-up

popnglo at gmail.com popnglo at gmail.com
Fri May 14 08:54:28 MDT 2010

I finally got around to bolting all back together from chasing that bottom
end rattling noise I was looking into back in Feb. (lucky for me my two old
XS650's are keeping me company).

The thrust washers were changed out using a .005 over, and a standard. The
new end float measured in at .004" (from .011"). The dog bolt which was
found loose was torqued at 140 foot/lbs.

Happy to say, there is no longer any noises from down there. Now I just got
to fit the nose back on and away I'll go. That'll happen today.

Thanks all for the advise,

Ed (Hudson Valley NY)