[TR] Strange one This

Alex Cherington a_flying_scotsman at yahoo.com
Thu May 13 14:57:24 MDT 2010

Hi,

My TR6 has been in storage for 3 years while I did other stuff. Just went to
re-commission it and discovered some really odd damage to some of the wiring.
The damage is in the harness that runs down to the solenoid. There appear to
be 3 or 4 wires in it and one looks to supply the solenoid. Trouble is the
wires have all broken and look really brittle.

So.....  What do all these wires do??? The biggest fat one seems to be the
power to the solenoid and has power when I put a voltmeter on it and the key
is turned to start position. The car is May 1976 and is left-hand drive having
been purchased in California and repatrioted to the UK in 2005.

Thanks