[TR] TR4 Fan Belt Replacement

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue May 4 17:08:13 MDT 2010

> I seem to recall a product sold as an emergency fan belt.  It was a
> linked
> affair that you would loop around the appropriate pulleys and snap
> together
> the number of links you needed.  It was supposed to get you to a place
> where
> you can affect proper repairs.
>
> Anyone seen this lately?

A quick Google would seem to indicate that the product is still available,
but only in 'A' and 'B' widths, not the 'D' width needed for TRactor motors.

They are very popular in applications where it otherwise takes significant
disassembly to get the belt off the shaft (like my old Atlas lathe), but as
I recall the price was rather high.

-- Randall