[TR] Oil Seals

dlylis at gmail.com dlylis at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 16:47:12 MST 2010

Terry,
Two things:
1.  I have found that if you do not flatten the hole areas on the oil pan with a ball peen, no amount of abbra cadabbra is going to prevent pan drips.
2.  I thought that the original scroll for a rear seal was laughable until I installed the "new and improved" modern rear seal.  What makes this even more laughable is the wad that I spent on it.
I may be wrong here, but I recall something about wrong specs for the crank grind for the modern seal.
My remedy was easy. I bought the biggest drip pan I could find.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T