[TR] Learning to drive a TR

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Mon Mar 29 06:27:33 MST 2010

----- KingsCreekTrees at aol.com wrote:

> Hi Pat; if your niece has been driving for a little while already, but
> on
> an automatic, I think it is going to be very difficult to teach her
> how to
> drive  a manual gearbox correctly.

I'm going to join with the group that thinks this is nonsense.

I started on automatic.  Never drove a stick until after I had my license.  I have mostly sticks now.  A little bit of fooling around with a 1963 Chev station wagon and I had it figured out.

Once the basics of driving are ingrained, you have more brain free to deal with learning the stick part.

1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UB "uncle jack"
1979 Caterham Super Seven
2004 Suburban 8.1
2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net