[TR] Learning to drive a standard

Dennis Culligan dctr6 at optonline.net
Sun Mar 28 10:07:31 MST 2010

   My son went to the Caribbean on a vacation a few years back (he was

about 20) and the ONLY car they had for him to rent was a 4-speed Jeep.

It took him about 20 minutes to get the hang of it and he's still quite

competent with a stick, even though his daily driver (Infinity G35) is an

automatic.

   I learned how to drive a standard shift at 15 by riding with a friend who

had one and watching what he did and when.

Dennis Culligan, Highland. NY / 1976 TR6 CF57948U