[TR] Learning to drive a TR

acekraut11 at aol.com acekraut11 at aol.com
Sat Mar 27 22:50:38 MST 2010

 Pat,

In my opinion and my experience it is more important to find an empty parking
lot than it is to worry about the clutch.  The most likely mistake made by
people learning to drive a manual is to stall the car, not ride the clutch.
And stalling the car doesnt cause much wear on the components.  I highly doubt
that she would damage the clutch much at all.  Controlling the rate of take
off, and the rate of stop, is more likely going to be more difficult, so hence
the large, empty parking lot.

YMMV.

Aaron