[TR] Fwd: Off topic but fun anyway

Brian Jones tr4zest at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 05:11:39 MST 2010

That reminds me of one sunny Saturday morning at my local FLAPS, when I was
picking up a selection of car fluids. Outside, one of the salesmen was
trying to replace wiper blades on a customer's old, beater car. He came back
in side the store with one old blade to find replacements.

The customer, still outside,yelped as his locked car started to roll. Even
though the incline was not very much, the car mounted a kerb on the other
side of the two-row parking lot, then passed through a hedge and, as the
grass bank it was now rolling down got a little steeper, the car
accellerated to maybe 15 mph, rolled through a 4' highchain-link fence,
taking posts with it and bounced way in the air a few times over rough
ground and eventually stopped in thick brush. It was a bad moment for the
owner, but unapologetically, it was hilarious for the rest of us, especially
as no-one was in danger and the whole thing played out in slow-motion.

Brian