[TR] TR3A 3rd Brake light

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 14:57:54 MST 2010

On 3/23/10, John A. Wise <60TR3A at cox.net> wrote:
> ...converted the license plate light of his later model TR3
> back to the earlier brake light/license light...

I've always maintained that Triumph invented the 3rd Brake Light...
they just didn't have the 1st and 2nd brake lights.

Another way to get a similar advantage is to use dual filament bulbs
in the turn signal fixtures with the second filament being used as
additional brake lights.  This is what I have done.

Of ocurse when driving in Phoenix (or even a cow town like Tucson) I
have this on the back of either TR:

http://members.cybertrails.com/~ahwahnee/3rd%20Brake%20Light.JPG

Harbor Freight has sets of magnetic towing lights for about 10 bucks.
Ugly but perhaps effective.

Geo