[TR] Water pump housing inlet/outlet question

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Mar 11 12:35:45 MST 2010

> Everything is the same except the opening on the one that is
> on top has two different opening sizes:  3/8" & 5/8".  Which
> one is correct?

That would be the opening for the bypass line (short hose to the thermostat
housing), correct?

IIRC, the larger hole was found on the TR3 engines.  They made it smaller
later, to force more water to flow through the radiator.  Lots of folks add
even more restriction, for the same reason.  At the moment, I've got mine
totally blocked (and a hole through the thermostat so some water always
flows through the radiator).

Given the choice, I'd probably go for the smaller opening.

-- Randall