[TR] TR4A Hood Sticks Cover

Ben Zwissler bjzwissler at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 13:58:12 MST 2010

Hello,

I'm preparing to install a new convertible top on my TR4A, and I need to
paint the hood sticks and front and rear metal strips.  My car was
originally white with a red interior and I'm redoing it the same with a
white top. It looks the hood sticks were originally a tan color - not
the white body color.  Were all car's hood sticks tan regardless of body
or top color?

I'm about to order a Robbins top from TRF, but don't have it yet.  I
believe the Robbins top will have a black interior lining - can anyone
confirm that?  My inclination is to paint the hood sticks the original
tan color, but my wife says if the inside of the top is black that won't
look right.  Her opinion is that I should paint them black if the inside
of the top is black.  I'm looking for other suggestions and opinions.

Thanks, Ben......

--
Ben Zwissler
bjzwissler at gmail.com