[TR] vtr

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Mon Mar 1 13:06:46 MST 2010

oliver wrote:
> I just received an email from the Vintage Triumph Register.  every email they
> send out has your username and password in clear text.
>
> help me out people - this is the most egregious security practice I have ever
> seen.  please send them an email and tell them to stop this practice!!!!!
> tell them you will not renew until they cease this incredibly amateurish
> habit.

What, exactly, do you see as such a threat?  What is the worst case
scenario of
 someone being able to access the VTR pages as you?

In a few days the monthly Team.Net mailing list reminders will go
out, they include users email address and list passwords in plain text.
As far as I know, there have been no reports of list members having
some malicious interloper switching them from regular mode to
digest or some such.  But hey, I guess it could happen.

mjb.